Start by visiting our Game Art assets library. In the library, we have collected an assortment of art that is free to use as long as you credit us. The assets include backgrounds, characters and props. The library page also contains information on how to credit your usage of the images.
Click on a pack that looks interesting to you to go to its download page.
- Click the Download-button to save the ZIP-file archive to your computer.
- Extract the ZIP archive into a folder on your computer.
For more instructions on extracting ZIP-archives, visit: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028088/windows-zip-and-unzip-files for Windows and https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/compress-uncompress-files-folders-mac-mchlp2528/mac on Mac
- The archive contains the art assets in the ready-to-use PNG format. In the case of character animations, the frames have been put into folders.
To add the graphics into the game, simply create a sprite object like normal and then do the following:
- The Animations editor opens.
- Click the folder icon at the top of the screen, and open the downloaded art asset file from your computer.
- Close the Animations Editor.
Alternatively, you can drag-and-drop your files into the project hierarchy.
In the next tutorial, we’ll take a look at how to create or import animations into Construct 3:
Return to Tutorial 3 starting page: https://playableconcepts.aalto.fi/tutorials/tutorial-3/